DETHKLOK

=[MOFO]= Roush427R
Administrator
Well, well.  Just got banned from the Dethklok server.  I went in under a new character...was in a transport killing shit and shot Sup down a couple of times and *poof*, banned.  I was banned for stat-padding.  What a fucking joke.
Photobucket

Re: DETHKLOK

=[MOFO]= Roush427R
Administrator
Ok.  I must have imagined the whole thing.  Sup didn't see the ban and I am able to get in.
Photobucket

Re: DETHKLOK

sup375
avenger evidently banned you on a 60 min ban bc he thought u had a bot.  but thx for the support.  wish some ppl would have talked to me before just leaving with obvious hard feelings.  sorry if there was any issues with you guys.  it would have been nice if you guys would have put as much time in our clan as you have on this one.  take care and happy killing.

Re: DETHKLOK

=[MOFO]= mIRRORMERE
Administrator
sup375 wrote
it would have been nice if you guys would have put as much time in our clan as you have on this one.
No offense sup but very little latitude was ever granted to the "new members" to be able to devote as much work to DETHKLOK as we did to =[MOFO]=.  Timewise, we certainly put the time in to keeping the server populated and relatively clear of dumbasses.

1)  Despite our offers, we were never allowed to work on/fix the forums or help with redesigning the website.

2)  It seemed the clan had moved on... "head admins" were rarely on the 2142 server.  Significant problems occurred that were not able to be fixed by "junior admins" in a timely manner.

3)  Also since the "head admins" were often absent, there started to be a climate against "junior admin" judgment.  Often these judgment calls were disregarded completely or resolved (by persons who were not present for the event) without discussion.

4)  Mistakes happen.  When bans were made in error, "junior admins" lacked the ability to lift those bans immediately.  When "junior admins" had to ask for these to be lifted, it hurt their credibility with "head admins".

5)  Towards the end, some began to believe if any admin privs were used, we'd be kicked from the clan.

Poor communication (little communication both ways), no expectations (concrete ground rules), and lack of trust (in those who were still on the server daily/almost daily) were just some of the problems that were occurring.  There is no bad blood...we still want to kick your ass on the server or fight beside you.

ps. The best advice I can offer is, if DETHKLOK plans to move on to MOH or BC2 and still keep its 2142 server...make your 2142 admins report to you but give them wide latitude to make sure the server runs smoothly (including allowing them to put in problem tickets with the service provider).